Subject: bug#68243: closed (alacritty segmentation fault)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2024 20:34:02 +0000

Your bug report

#68243: alacritty segmentation fault

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
68243: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=68243
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: alacritty segmentation fault
From: Sharlatan Hellseher <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2024 20:33:34 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Fixed with 423ca234cbd7b4902fd2a3fbc089a6fd57ed5583.

Closing as resolved.

--
Oleg

Subject: alacritty segmentation fault
From: Steven Roose <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2024 15:32:55 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I've been using alacritty as my default terminal for about a year 
without much issues. I'm currently on v0.12.3 of alacritty and use it 
with i3 and Xorg. A month or two ago I noticed that upgrading GuixSD 
broke alacritty. Since it's my main terminal and I didn't have any other 
terminals installed, I was forced to rollback my system through GRUB 
because I couldn't literally not even open a terminal to investigate or 
roll-back by CLI. I was trying another system upgrade now and noticed 
the issue is still not fixed. When running alacritty from an 
already-open alacritty only shows me "segmentation fault". The working 
and broken version is both 0.12.3, so I think it might not be an 
alacritty issue but more a linking/build issue. I'm basically stuck on a 
months-old Guix until this is fixed.

If there is any way I can be of use by providing debug/log files of some 
kind, please let me know.