Subject: Re: bug#68243: alacritty segmentation fault

From: Steven Roose <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2024 15:55:56 +0000

This is what guix system describe shows:

 > commit: aabfddbe8bc16fa82067e88e7d79c8c1bc802414

So that should be the one that works, I guess. The newer one doesn't.

On 1/7/24 09:06, Efraim Flashner wrote:
> I meant more of what's the guix version from the generation which
> contains the non-working alacritty.
>
> On Fri, Jan 05, 2024 at 02:51:34PM +0000, [email-masked] wrote:
>> How can I check generations for packages? `guix package -l` doesn't seem to show any useful information.
>>
>> I can't seem to find out what the syntax should be for the PATTERN arguments in guix package, like `guix package --list-generations=PATTERN`.
>>
>> I try `guix package -l alacritty`, `guix package --list-generations=alacritty` but always get `invalid syntax: alacritty`..
>>
>> On 1/5/24 12:52 PM, Efraim Flashner <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>> On Thu, Jan 04, 2024 at 03:32:55PM +0000, Steven Roose wrote:
>>>> I've been using alacritty as my default terminal for about a year without
>>>> much issues. I'm currently on v0.12.3 of alacritty and use it with i3 and
>>>> Xorg. A month or two ago I noticed that upgrading GuixSD broke alacritty.
>>>> Since it's my main terminal and I didn't have any other terminals installed,
>>>> I was forced to rollback my system through GRUB because I couldn't literally
>>>> not even open a terminal to investigate or roll-back by CLI. I was trying
>>>> another system upgrade now and noticed the issue is still not fixed. When
>>>> running alacritty from an already-open alacritty only shows me "segmentation
>>>> fault". The working and broken version is both 0.12.3, so I think it might
>>>> not be an alacritty issue but more a linking/build issue. I'm basically
>>>> stuck on a months-old Guix until this is fixed.
>>>>
>>>> If there is any way I can be of use by providing debug/log files of some
>>>> kind, please let me know.
>>> Looking at 'alacritty --help' it looks like you can try adding -v (up to
>>> 3) to get a more verbose output so hopefully we get more of an error
>>> message.
>>>
>>> Which generation are you on that is working for you? Which one do you
>>> know is segfaulting? I'd like to try to narrow it down.
>>>
>>>