Subject: bug#68243: alacritty segmentation fault

From: Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2024 18:46:01 +0100

Am Donnerstag, dem 04.01.2024 um 15:32 +0000 schrieb Steven Roose:
> I've been using alacritty as my default terminal for about a year 
> without much issues. I'm currently on v0.12.3 of alacritty and use it
> with i3 and Xorg. A month or two ago I noticed that upgrading GuixSD 
> broke alacritty. Since it's my main terminal and I didn't have any
> other terminals installed, I was forced to rollback my system through
> GRUB because I couldn't literally not even open a terminal to
> investigate or roll-back by CLI. I was trying another system upgrade
> now and noticed the issue is still not fixed. When running alacritty
> from an already-open alacritty only shows me "segmentation fault".
> The working and broken version is both 0.12.3, so I think it might
> not be an alacritty issue but more a linking/build issue. I'm
> basically stuck on a months-old Guix until this is fixed.
> 
> If there is any way I can be of use by providing debug/log files of
> some kind, please let me know.
I suppose this might be related to the mesa update we had some while
ago.  I myself noticed that GNOME 4 apps stopped working due to some
very, very weird behaviour of the driver that I still don't comprehend.
Anyway, switching to the cairo renderer per environment variable worked
for me.  Perhaps there's something similar you can do for alacritty (or
otherwise switch back to the older mesa with an inferior/use any other
VTE for the time being).

Cheers