Subject: Re: bug#68237: Cuirass 1.2.0-1.bdc1f9f local builds never occur

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2024 18:42:30 +0100

Hi Collin and Kjetil,

"Collin J. Doering" <[email-masked]> skribis:

> After updating cuirass (details below), my cuirass instance no longer builds anything! It continues to poll channels, run evaluations and queue builds, but none of the builds ever run.
>
> Before: Cuirass 1.1.0-13.1341725 (guix checkout c4cca9cb5d3e93ef146acb930a95da9d2da6fb06)
> After:  Cuirass 1.2.0-1.bdc1f9f (guix checkout 25b83bd9e4ceb77f08c0caee3ecdc48263b53a46)

"Haugen, Kjetil" <[email-masked]> skribis:

> I have the exact same issue when setting up cuirass on a foreign distro.

Cuirass commits 10a5117936bb51c54a362172b6e53ef5150ab909 and
b8ee2486ce877e42a3f910610d3efa8274e2603f appear to fix issues when
building in local build mode that most likely explain what you were
observing.

  https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix/guix-cuirass.git/log

I’ll do some more testing before updating the ‘cuirass’ package in Guix,
but in the meantime you can test by running this from a Cuirass checkout
(assuming you’re on a distro other than Guix):

  guix package -f guix.scm

Or, if you’re on Guix System, you pull Cuirass as a channel and use its
package.

(Overall, the “--build-remote” build mechanism gets more attention
because that’s the scalable method to use as soon as you have a couple
of build machines.)

Thanks for reporting the issue!

Ludo’.