Subject: Re: bug#68235: 29.1.90; Switching tabs stops following process output in selected window

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2024 11:16:54 +0200

> What is worse is that 'find-alternate-file' also resets
 > 'buffer-file-name' to nil before killing the " **lose**" buffer.
 > So even can't use a file name.

Would replacing

	  (kill-buffer obuf))))))

with

	  (setq buffer-file-name ofile)
	  (setq buffer-file-number onum)
	  (setq buffer-file-truename otrue)
	  (kill-buffer obuf))))))

fix that?

I never used 'find-alternate-file' and, after looking at its code for
the first time now, wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole.  Using it in
'image-next-file' seems a very bad idea: Is there any guarantee that the
assumptions about which buffer is current hold when running things like
'kill-buffer-query-functions' or 'kill-buffer-hook' manually?

martin