Subject: Re: bug#68235: 29.1.90; Switching tabs stops following process output in selected window

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2024 10:47:23 +0200

> Alas, this doesn't help.

I will have to install it nonetheless.  Otherwise, I would have to
change the doc-string of 'buffer-last-name' which says

   This is the name BUFFER had before the last time it was renamed or
   immediately before it was killed.

 > Because 'find-alternate-file' renames
 > the buffer with (rename-buffer " **lose**") before killing it.
 > So 'kill-buffer' remembers the last buffer name " **lose**".

But that's correct and reflects what the doc-string says.  The problem
must be elsewhere.  Basically, it seems to me that when we have a live
buffer whose name is " **lose**" and a killed buffer with the same last
name (or maybe two or more killed buffers with the same last name) we
have a conflict that we have to resolve somehow.  Right?  I don't
understand why we can't "prefer" the live buffer to the dead buffer
here.  For dead buffers, the problem might be that of finding the right
one, in particular when they have different file names.

martin