Subject: Re: [bug#68228] [PATCH v3] gnu: Add gnome-software.

From: Noé Lopez <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2025 00:32:32 +0100

Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]> writes:

> Am Montag, dem 17.03.2025 um 11:15 +0100 schrieb Noé Lopez:
>> Surely? The real blocker for me is /etc/machine-id, it seems to need
>> to exist for most tests to run, and I suspect also the tests that
>> fail with dbus would fail with it too.
>> 
>> But creating /etc/machine-id leads to a permission error.
> Does anything actually read this file?  Because if not, that's just a
> dbus warning that can be made non-fatal by setting the appropriate
> environment variable.
>

I got confused, because the fatal warning was actually made by
gnome-software (to check if it would be able to start dbus!!!).  I
deleted the warning, and added a dbus session, but now its requiring a
dbus system session.  Do you know of any way to start one? I couldn’t
find any packages doing this, and dbus-daemon --system fails miserably
(tries to access /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket).

Thanks,
Noé