Subject: bug#68227: 29.1; [tramp] adb stopped working (after upgrade from Emacs 28 to 29?)

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2024 22:37:17 -0500

Hi Michael,

Michael Albinus <[email-masked]> writes:

> [...] the result of this function is cached. There might be something
> unstale. Could you, pls, try to test w/o cached properties? That is,
> call

> # emacs -Q /adb::

This is what I see in the *Messages* buffer:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
Tramp: Opening adb shell connection...done
File error: Directory /adb::/data/local/tmp not accessible
Wrong type argument: "Wrong type argument", "stringp nil"
Tramp: Inserting ‘/adb::/’...failed
File is missing: /adb::/
Use M-x make-directory RET RET to create the directory and its parents
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

I think this phone used to be rooted, but not anymore following a
factory reset; perhaps rooting it again would have busybox's ls on it
and make it work again.

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim