Subject: bug#68200: 30.0.50; Emacs reloads init file when calling `documentation'

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2024 02:53:50 +0100

Hello,

I see this problem for a couple of weeks now, never saw it before:

When I made edits to my config file, any running session of Emacs that
has loaded this init file (including the same session) will have an
issue: any action that causes `documentation' being called with one of
the things defined in my init file as argument will reload the complete
init file.

This is a problem: it takes a lot of time and this can happen
repeatedly, often I have to restart Emacs to be able to continue my work
normally.  There are a lot of things that trigger the call of
`documentation' - not only requesting documentation explicitly, but also
things like `eldoc-mode' or cl-printing expressions.

I have not been able to find out why the behavior has changed.  The
reloading happens from C AFAIU.  Please help!

TIA,

Michael.

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 25, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, cairo version
 1.16.0) of 2024-01-02 built on drachen
Repository revision: c6125a87633131308dff74fb9a1006659c8611cd
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101007
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 12 (bookworm)