Subject: [PATCH core-updates 0/1] gnu: flite: Fix build.

From: Simon South <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2024 10:09:59 -0500

Here's a patch that allows flite, a lightweight speech-synthesis engine, to
build in core-updates, by applying a small patch to one of its makefiles as
outlined in an earlier email[0].

I've tested this on AArch64 and x86-64 and everything seems fine.

Note I haven't received a response from Dr. Black in almost two weeks' time,
and my email asking to join the festival-talk mailing list[1] has bounced, so
it appears flite may be unmaintained at the moment.

--
Simon South
[email-masked]

[0] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-guix/2024-01/msg00000.html

[1] http://www.festvox.org/maillists.html

Simon South (1):
  gnu: flite: Fix build.

 gnu/local.mk                                  |  1 +
 .../patches/flite-build-with-make-4.4.patch   | 24 +++++++++++++++++++
 gnu/packages/speech.scm                       |  3 ++-
 3 files changed, 27 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/flite-build-with-make-4.4.patch

base-commit: a3ae833227a284fbcfbb813b1156d0e8aeeb29d1
-- 
2.41.0