Subject: Re: bug#68183: 28.3; vc-dir fails when I have a certain branch checked out

From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2024 03:42:13 +0300

On 20/08/2024 09:15, Kévin Le Gouguec wrote:
> Thanks for weighing in.  Since I am not a frequent vc-dir user, my
> disposition would then be to avoid committing to sophisticated user
> options until there is demand for it.

We're in agreement then.

> So, at this stage, ISTM:
> 
> * We could apply [patch 1] (new tests) on emacs-30.
> 
> * I should draft a NEWS entry for the new header, for emacs-30.
> 
> * We could apply [patch 2] (refactoring; modulo the considerations
>    re. vc-git--cmds-in-progress discussed with Sean) on master, if we
>    feel like it makes vc-git-dir-extra-headers easier to work with.

Thanks!

NEWS for emacs-30 sounds good, and I've pushed the other two changes 
(tests and refactoring) to the master branch.