Subject: Re: [bug#68179] Re: automake-1.16j on OpenBSD

From: Bogdan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2024 23:00:01 +0100

> Hello, Bruno.
>
> Thank you for your testing.
> About your defect:
> 1) t/objcxx-* - may need our attention,
> 2) t/strip2 - could you check if you have the STRIPPROG environment
> variable set and, if yes, unset it (or, at least, remove the
> "--verbose" parameter from it) prior to running the test?
> 3) t/yacc-mix-c-cxx - can you apply the attached patch and re-run the
> test?

  Can you tell us what actually "c++" is on your system? Like e.g. run
"c++ --version" or "c++ --help"?
  On my system, Autoconf finds "g++", tests it for an Objective C++
compiler, fails, and the t/objcxx-* tests are simply skipped.
  It seems that on your system, "c++" actually works as an Objective
C++ compiler, but somehow the "libobjc" library is not added to the
command line, making the test fail during linking.
  What Autoconf version do your have and can you upgrade that? I
suspect it's not passing the required libraries. If it's the newest
version, can you attach the config.log file?

--
Regards - Bogdan ('bogdro') D.                 (GNU/Linux & FreeDOS)
X86 assembly (DOS, GNU/Linux):    http://bogdro.evai.pl/index-en.php
Soft(EN): http://bogdro.evai.pl/soft  http://bogdro.evai.pl/soft4asm
www.Xiph.org  www.TorProject.org  www.LibreOffice.org  www.GnuPG.org