Subject: Re: [bug#68159] [PATCH] gnu: Add python-camb.

From: Troy Figiel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2024 13:11:37 +0100

Hi Oleg,

I noticed that the problem is actually bigger than trying to package it
for Guix: On PyPI the license is explicitly stated to be the LGPLv3.

If that is the case, it would be incompatible with the additional
conditions, as those make the license non-free. I added a comment asking
for clarification on the author's intentions.

In principle, I could always package it for guix-science-nonfree. Just
haven't had the time to go there yet :-)

Best wishes,

Troy

On 2024-01-21 11:42, Sharlatan Hellseher wrote:
> 
> Hi,
> 
> I've tried to check the license in project upstream and I'm not sure
> what to replay on the answer:
> 
> https://github.com/cmbant/CAMB/issues/152#issuecomment-1902283690
> 
>> Probably not. But it's a python program, and on pypi, so it can usually
>> just be listed as a dependence. I didn't understand why you wanted to
>> distribute it separately?
> 
> Thanks
> Oleg