Subject: Re: [PATCH] gnu: Add python-camb.

From: Troy Figiel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2024 12:14:17 +0100

Hi Oleg,

Perfect! I wasn't aware there was a license team that could look into this.

I think it would make sense a lot of sense to have the git checkout of
HMCode_test_outputs as a separate package. It seems more HMCode-type
packages exist, which might need access to that repo. I would be more
than happy making these changes.

It does bring up a point I hadn't thought about before: What is the
license of the data? It is only used in the build process, but that data
will be saved by the Software Heritage if I understand correctly. What
do you think?

Secondly, there is a dependency on a git submodule called forutils. I
originally assumed this was code specifically used for python-camb, but
it is included on the Fortran wiki as a separate library (and has an
expat license only, no LGLP3 components).

I have no experience using/packaging Fortran, but it has a Makefile, so
could give it a shot. Should we turn this into a separate package as well?

Best wishes,

Troy

On 2024-01-16 19:56, Sharlatan Hellseher wrote:
> Hi Troy,
> 
> Thank you for the patch.
> 
> I could build it locally and all tests passed just fine. The license
> question might need to be checked with our license team.
> 
> How about to pack the tests git checkout as internal package with
> copy-build-system, thinking if it would be usefully in some others?
> 
> Thanks,
> Oleg