Subject: bug#68158: isearch-wrap-pause 'no or 'no-ding breaks isearch-delete-char

From: Joseph Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2023 14:56:13 -0800

With emacs -Q, in the buffer which pops open after...

(progn
  (setopt isearch-wrap-pause 'no)
  ;; (setopt isearch-wrap-pause 'no-ding)  ; this causes the same problem
  (with-current-buffer (generate-new-buffer "isearch-wrap-pause-test")
    (insert "bar")
    (goto-char (point-min))
    (pop-to-buffer (current-buffer))))

...run isearch for "baz" with...

C-s b a z

...then attempt to delete the non-matching "z" character with DEL.

Expected contents of minibuffer:

"Isearch: ba"

Actual contents of minibuffer:

"Failing overwrapped I-search: baz"

Pressing DEL a second time actually deletes the "z".

Thanks for your help!!

Joseph

GNU Emacs 29.1 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.37,
cairo version 1.16.0)