Subject: bug#68157: closed (Re: bug#68157: 30.0.50; Size of selected font is wrong)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2023 10:32:01 +0000

Your bug report

#68157: 30.0.50; Size of selected font is wrong

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
68157: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=68157
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#68157: 30.0.50; Size of selected font is wrong
From: Alan Third <[email-masked]>
To: Arash Esbati <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2023 10:31:06 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On Sun, Dec 31, 2023 at 09:34:31AM +0100, Arash Esbati wrote:
> Alan Third <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > Can you please try reverting change f3dec3439fd5aee885a76622f384f6c7ca67d128?
> 
> Thanks, reverting that change fixes the issue.

Thanks. I've reverted the change on master now and am closing the bug
report.

-- 
Alan Third

Subject: 30.0.50; Size of selected font is wrong
From: Arash Esbati <[email-masked]>
To: "emacs-bugs" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2023 22:49:15 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi all,

I didn't bisect this, but when I select another font than the standard
one, the size is wrong.  To reproduce:

  • emacs -Q
  • In scratch, enter 'o', put point on it and enter 'C-u C-x ='.  I see
      mac-ct:-*-Menlo-regular-normal-normal-*-12-*-*-*-m-0-iso10646-1 (#x52)
  • Now choose a new font from 'Options -> Set Default Font', I took
    'Source Code Pro' at 11pt.  Going back to 'o', I now get:
      mac-ct:-*-Menlo-regular-normal-normal-*-22-*-*-*-m-0-iso10646-1 (#x52)
  • Choose another font, I took 'Courier New' at 10pt, I get:
      mac-ct:-*-Courier New-regular-normal-normal-*-20-*-*-*-m-0-iso10646-1 (#x52)

Can others reproduce this?  I didn't have any issues like this until
now.  This means that my setting:

  (custom-set-faces
   '(default ((t (:family "Source Code Pro" :foundry "nil"
                  :slant normal :weight medium :height 110 :width normal)))))

works no more.

Best, Arash

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 1, aarch64-apple-darwin23.2.0, NS
 appkit-2487.30 Version 14.2.1 (Build 23C71)) of 2023-12-30 built on
 MacMutant.fritz.box
Repository revision: fc8a20f79274a2e533722f636cb538d7f8fb5427
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2487
System Description:  macOS 14.2.1

Configured using:
 'configure --with-ns --without-pop --without-mailutils --with-threads
 --with-modules --with-native-compilation --without-compress-install
 'CFLAGS=-O2 -g0 -pipe'
 'CPPFLAGS=-I/opt/homebrew/Cellar/gcc/13.2.0/include
 -I/opt/homebrew/Cellar/libgccjit/13.2.0/include
 -I/opt/homebrew/Cellar/gmp/6.3.0/include'
 'LDFLAGS=-L/opt/homebrew/Cellar/gcc/13.2.0/lib/gcc/current
 -L/opt/homebrew/Cellar/gmp/6.3.0/lib''

Configured features:
ACL GLIB GMP GNUTLS JSON LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY KQUEUE
NS PDUMPER PNG RSVG SQLITE3 THREADS TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP
XIM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix