Subject: Re: bug#68141: automake-1.16j on Ubuntu

From: Bogdan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2024 16:19:11 +0100

Karl Berry <[email-masked]>, 2023-12-31 00:37:
>      FAIL: t/python-prefix
>
>      Log file is attached.
>
>      I think it is the same issue as reported at
>      https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=64837 .
>
> Thanks for the report. I hope Mike or Bogdan can look at it. I have
> trouble discerning fixes for anything Python-related. -k

  Hi.

  From what I last read, the "new" paths were some new invention of
Ubuntu/Debian(?) and not some general change in Python 3.10, so we
can't simply base on the version number, I guess.
  This test (and maybe other?) already has some path-related 'make'
targets, so apparently, such were needed (if not here, than in other
tests, where I wrote such targets myself), and apparently it's not
just a matter of simply changing the hardcoded "site-packages" to
hardcoded "dist-packages", but some more tweaking needs to be done.
  I don't have Python 3.10 or Ubuntu/Debian, but maybe I'll play with
this anyway, I'll see. It may be a bit of a guessing game with more
than 1 attempt. Fortunately, it's "just" the test that's failing
because the paths are different and it's e.g. not Automake failing to
install files at all.

--
Regards - Bogdan ('bogdro') D.                 (GNU/Linux & FreeDOS)
X86 assembly (DOS, GNU/Linux):    http://bogdro.evai.pl/index-en.php
Soft(EN): http://bogdro.evai.pl/soft  http://bogdro.evai.pl/soft4asm
www.Xiph.org  www.TorProject.org  www.LibreOffice.org  www.GnuPG.org