Subject: bug#68121: Build slade.i686-linux on master is broken.

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2023 20:45:28 -0500

Hi,

[email-masked] (Cuirass) writes:

> <p>The build <b>slade.i686-linux</b> for specification <b>master</b> is broken. You can
> find the detailed information about this build <a
> href="https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/2921685/details">here</a>.</p>
>
> https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/2921685/details

The test suite fails due to precision differences:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
[...]

[ RUN      ] HwyMathTestGroup/HwyMathTest.TestAllAtanh/SCALAR
Skipping math_test due to GCC issue with excess precision.
f32: Atanh(0.000000) expected 0.000000 actual -nan ulp 3.77061e+09 max ulp 4
f32: Atanh(0.000000) expected 0.000000 actual -nan ulp 3.77035e+09 max ulp 4
f32: Atanh(0.000000) expected 0.000000 actual -nan ulp 3.77008e+09 max ulp 4
f32: Atanh(0.000000) expected 0.000000 actual -nan ulp 3.76982e+09 max ulp 4

[...]

[ RUN      ] HwyMathTestGroup/HwyMathTest.TestAllLog1p/SCALAR
Skipping math_test due to GCC issue with excess precision.
f32: Log1p(0.000000) expected 0.000000 actual -nan ulp 3.76202e+09 max ulp 3
f32: Log1p(0.000000) expected 0.000000 actual -nan ulp 3.76149e+09 max ulp 3
f32: Log1p(0.000000) expected 0.000000 actual -nan ulp 3.76097e+09 max ulp 3
f32: Log1p(0.000000) expected 0.000000 actual -nan ulp 3.76045e+09 max ulp 3
f32: Log1p(0.000000) expected 0.000000 actual -nan ulp 3.75992e+09 max ulp 3
f32: Log1p(0.000000) expected 0.000000 actual -nan ulp 3.7594e+09 max ulp 3

[...]

99% tests passed, 2 tests failed out of 930

Total Test time (real) =  10.23 sec

The following tests FAILED:
	830 - HwyMathTestGroup/HwyMathTest.TestAllAtanh/SCALAR  # GetParam() = 4611686018427387904 (Subprocess aborted)
	854 - HwyMathTestGroup/HwyMathTest.TestAllLog1p/SCALAR  # GetParam() = 4611686018427387904 (Subprocess aborted)
Errors while running CTest
make: *** [Makefile:74: test] Error 8

Test suite failed, dumping logs.
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim