Subject: Re: bug#68119: [GNU automake 1.16.5] test-suite 45 tests failed

From: Karl Berry <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2024 08:50:40 -0700

Hi Erik,

    FAIL: t/aclocal-deleted-header-aclocal-amflags
    FAIL: t/aclocal-deleted-header

I'm not sure, but I think the idea of those tests, and others, is that
after making the various changes to the configure setup, running make
should suffice to rebuild everything. Because that's what is most
convenient and what people (including me :) expect.

So I added some $sleep commands before file modifications instead of
rerunning all the autotools. I hope it will suffice.  I'm mostly just
groping in the dark about these timing issues :(.

    FAIL: t/aclocal-deps
    FAIL: t/subdir-add2-pr46

Similarly added $sleep commands.

    FAIL: t/yacc-mix-c-cxx

Moved the #include <cstdlib> to before the "using" statements,
following the other yacc C++ tests.

    FAIL: t/py-compile-basedir

That one I don't know. py-compile has used importlib for quite a while.
But some changes have been made, so maybe try the current version, and
if it still fails (as it probably will), send the log?

If you have time and energy to try testing out of the git repository
(git clone git://git.savannah.gnu.org/automake.git),
the above changes are committed now. If not, I hope it won't be long
until the next (and last?!) pretest.

Thanks for all,
Karl