Subject: bug#68118: closed (bug#68118: [GNU Libtool 2.4.7] testsuite: 122 123 124 125 129 143 169 failed)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2024 17:58:19 +0000

Your bug report

#68118: [GNU Libtool 2.4.7] testsuite: 122 123 124 125 129 143 169 failed

which was filed against the libtool package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
68118: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=68118
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: bug#68118: [GNU Libtool 2.4.7] testsuite: 122 123 124 125 129 143 169 failed
From: Ileana Dumitrescu <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Erik A Johnson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2024 20:55:20 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Assuming this is similar to the test failures documented for LFS [1],
five of the test failures should be resolved after Automake is installed.
Those testcases have been updated [2] to check for the existence of
aclocal before executing, so expected failure should be listed instead
of a failure.

The only test failure that should need attention is:
    143. C++ exception handling (exceptions.at:24): FAILED 
(exceptions.at:385)

This is fixed in Libtool's master branch [3]. If you apply these changes to
the test/exceptions.at, the test should pass.

Closing. If this does not fix your issue, I will reopen.

[1] 
https://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/development/chapter08/libtool.html
[2] 
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/libtool.git/commit/?id=3ab1239727fb29ad4a680fa375036a9c265cac72
[3] 
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/libtool.git/commit/?id=17fb010919e9f7e28fe28e13f2710bb85b00cb3a

-- 
Ileana Dumitrescu

GPG Public Key: FA26 CA78 4BE1 8892 7F22 B99F 6570 EA01 146F 7354

Subject: [GNU Libtool 2.4.7] testsuite: 122 123 124 125 129 143 169 failed
From: Erik A Johnson <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2023 21:20:50 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Clean install of macOS Sonoma 14.2.1 on MacBook Pro M3 max