Subject: Re: Update openimageio and Blender [1/2]

From: Vinicius Monego <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2024 16:10:34 +0000

Em sex, 2023-12-29 às 11:24 -0500, Christine Lemmer-Webber escreveu:
> 
> Two patches.  We need a newer version of openimageio to update to the
> newest Blender LTS version.  However the newer version of openimageio
> doesn't work with our old version of openshadinglanguage... for now,
> I've just preserved an older version of openimageio for
> openshadinglanguage to use.
> 
> It would be ideal to update openshadinglanguage and add that as an
> input
> to Blender too since that would open up custom shading nodes for our
> Blender users, but alas, I ran into trouble upgrading
> openshadinglanguage and don't have time to do that right now.
> I suggest we get in the Blender update and if someone wants to take a
> crack at upgrading OSL and adding to Blender too they can do that as
> a
> future patch series.
> 
>  - Christine
> 

Hi,

I pushed an update to the latest Blender LTS (3.6.10) and some of its
dependencies, including OSL.

I'll submit another patch for review to add OSL and other optional
inputs to Blender.

Vinicius