Subject: bug#6811: emacs-23.2 on hpux

From: Andy Moreton <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 14:00:00 +0000

On Sun 23 Jan 2011, Chong Yidong wrote:

>> Attached is a patch that allows us to build emacs-23.2 on our HP-UX
>> systems (10.20, 11.00 and 11.11 PA-RISC and 11.23, 11.31 both PA and
>> IA64).
>
> I think all the pieces of this patch are in the branch now.
>
> Hopefully, someone can work on the inability to dump on ia-64.

The change in revno: 100409 for this bug doesn't build on Win32 with
mingw gcc:

gcc -o oo-spd/i386/movemail.exe  -gdwarf-2 -g3  -mno-cygwin
 oo-spd/i386/movemail.o oo-spd/i386/pop.o oo-spd/i386/ntlib.o
 oo-spd/i386/getopt.o oo-spd/i386/getopt1.o -lwsock32   -ladvapi32
oo-spd/i386/movemail.o: In function `main':
C:\emacs\bzr\emacs-23\lib-src/movemail.c:363: undefined reference to `setregid'
C:\emacs\bzr\emacs-23\lib-src/movemail.c:390: undefined reference to `setregid'
C:\emacs\bzr\emacs-23\lib-src/movemail.c:487: undefined reference to `setregid'
C:\emacs\bzr\emacs-23\lib-src/movemail.c:522: undefined reference to `setregid'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
mingw32-make[2]: *** [oo-spd/i386/movemail.exe] Error 1
mingw32-make[2]: Leaving directory `C:/emacs/bzr/emacs-23/lib-src'
mingw32-make[1]: *** [all-other-dirs-gmake] Error 2
mingw32-make[1]: Leaving directory `C:/emacs/bzr/emacs-23/nt'
mingw32-make: *** [bootstrap] Error 2