Subject: bug#68075: 30.0.50; New special form `handler-bind`

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2024 18:06:50 +0200

> From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2024 10:37:01 -0500
> 
> >> Could you give an example piece of code where this "confusing
> >> terminology" makes you unsure how things would work?
> > That's the quoted part of your patch at the beginning of this message.
> > It uses the word "dynamic" twice and "dynamic bindings" once.
> 
> So, IIUC, reading that text makes you feel unsure, but you don't really
> know what you're unsure of?

Oh, but I do: the two references to "dynamic", including one to
"dynamic binding" seem to indicate quite unequivocally that "dynamic
binding" vs "lexical binding" could be involved.

I wonder why it is so hard to understand this difficulty, when the
words basically speak for themselves.

> For this reason it would help if you could try and characterize more
> precisely what you find confusing.

I don't have anything else to say except point once again to your
wording, which  I already did several times...