Subject: Re: bug#68075: 30.0.50; New special form `handler-bind`

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2023 09:52:03 +0200

> From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2023 13:12:12 -0500
> 
> >> +@var{handler} is called in the dynamic context where the error
> >> +happened, without first unwinding the stack, meaning that all the
> >> +dynamic bindings are still in effect,
> >
> > Should we tell something about the effects of lexical-binding on those
> > "dynamic bindings"?
> 
> It's not related to `handler-bind` in any case, so if
> we want to say something about it, we should do it elsewhere (and
> I think we already do when we discuss lexical binding).

Maybe I'm confused by your use of "dynamic context" and "dynamic
bindings" in that passage, which somehow hinted on dynamic vs lexical
binding.  If this is irrelevant, maybe try to reword the text so that
this potentially confusing terminology is not used?

Thanks.