Subject: bug#6807: 24.0.50; mouse-1-click-follows-link 'double breaks mouse-click actions

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2010 22:55:28 -0400

This bug report will be sent to the Free Software Foundation,
not to your local site managers!
Please write in English if possible, because the Emacs maintainers
usually do not have translators to read other languages for them.

Your bug report will be posted to the [email-masked] mailing list,
and to the gnu.emacs.bug news group.

Please describe exactly what actions triggered the bug
and the precise symptoms of the bug.  If you can, give
a recipe starting from `emacs -Q':

If Emacs crashed, and you have the Emacs process in the gdb debugger,
please include the output from the following gdb commands:
    `bt full' and `xbacktrace'.
For information about debugging Emacs, please read the file
k:/emacs-24.0.50/etc/DEBUG.

With only the following in my .emacs:

  (setq mouse-1-click-follows-link 'double)

double clicking on a link in the *Help* buffer no longer works.

I don't get the expected `mouse.el` file in a buffer when I
click on the link mouse.el after first typing

   `C-h v mouse-1-click-follows-link`

The `*Help*' buffer includes:

mouse-1-click-follows-link is a variable defined in `mouse.el'.
Its value is double

And, of course, typing:

  runemacs.exe -Q --eval "(setq mouse-1-click-follows-link 'double)"

yielded the same unexpected results.

However, using the default value (450) works as expected.

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2010-08-02 on 3249CTO
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
configured using `configure --with-gcc (4.4) --no-opt --cflags -Ic:/xpm/include'

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: ENU
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: cp949
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Help

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: (only . t)
  view-mode: t

Recent input:
C-h v <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> x - s e l e c t <help-echo> <help-echo> 
- e n a b l e - p r i m a r y <return> C-g C-h v <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> m o u s e - 1 - 
c l i <tab> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
f o l <tab> <return> <help-echo> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> 
<mouse-1> <double-down-mouse-1> <double-mouse-1> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <menu-bar> <help-menu> 
<send-emacs-bug-report>

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Quit
Type C-x 1 to delete the help window, C-M-v to scroll help.

Load-path shadows:

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr message rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader emacsbug
pp help-mode easymenu view help-fns package tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 disp-table ls-lisp w32-win w32-vars
tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe lisp-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mldrag mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev button minibuffer
faces cus-face files text-properties overlay md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
make-network-process multi-tty emacs)