Subject: Re: bug#6806: Set comment-multi-line in js-mode

From: Nathan Weizenbaum <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2010 17:14:12 -0700

Open a new Javascript file. Type "/*". Run M-x comment-indent-new-line. This
inserts "\n  /*", which is incorrect.

Now that I try to reproduce my fix, though, it doesn't seem to work. I'm not
sure what the proper solution is.

On Sun, Aug 8, 2010 at 1:40 PM, Chong Yidong <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Nathan Weizenbaum <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> > js-mode doesn't set the comment-multi-line variable. This results in
> > comment-indent-new-line behaving improperly when used in a multi-line
> comment,
> > which also affects auto-fill-mode, according to the documentation for
> > comment-multi-line.
> >
> > Attached is a patch that sets the variable.
>
> Could you provide a precise recipe for the problem?
>