Subject: Mismatching defconfig options

From: Lars Rustand <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2023 09:35:45 +0100

I'm having trouble building a custom kernel with an included
defconfig. The kernel builds correctly with the included defconfig if I
do it manually, but when I try to build it through Guix I get an error
about Mismatching configurations in .config and
arch/arm64/configs/guix_defconfig.

Since it builds correctly manually I am sure that the defconfig does in
fact work, and it does not have any mismatching configuration. So it
must be something that Guix adds/changes in the defconfig that makes it
stop working. How can I prevent Guix from modifying the defconfig that I
tell it to use?

Here is the relevant part of my package definition:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
(let ((linux-package
       (customize-linux
        #:name name
        #:linux linux
        #:defconfig
        "pinephone_pro_defconfig"
        #:extra-version "arm64-pinephone-pro"
        #:source (origin (method url-fetch)
                         (uri (linux-pinephone-urls version))
                         (sha256 (base32 hash)))))))
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---