Subject: Bug-Report : Guix

From: Emanuele Rodo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2023 18:43:30 +0100 (CET)

sudo -i guix pull
[sudo] password for omakuva: 
Updating channel 'guix' from Git repository at 'https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git'...
Authenticating channel 'guix', commits 9edb3f6 to 2a66a96 (7 new commits)...
Building from this channel:
  guix      https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git 2a66a96
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
building /gnu/store/995s03k4fpkiy4m2raw27w7yqy32k4y7-compute-guix-derivation.drv...
Computing Guix derivation for 'x86_64-linux'... -Backtrace:
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
   222:29 19 (map1 (((guix licenses) #:prefix license:) ((guix packages)) ((guix download)) ((guix git-download)) # ?))
   222:29 18 (map1 (((guix packages)) ((guix download)) ((guix git-download)) ((guix gexp)) ((guix utils)) ((# ?)) ?))
   222:29 17 (map1 (((guix download)) ((guix git-download)) ((guix gexp)) ((guix utils)) ((guix build-system #)) # ?))
   222:29 16 (map1 (((guix git-download)) ((guix gexp)) ((guix utils)) ((guix build-system copy)) ((guix # gnu)) # ?))
   222:29 15 (map1 (((guix gexp)) ((guix utils)) ((guix build-system copy)) ((guix build-system gnu)) ((guix # #)) ?))
   222:29 14 (map1 (((guix utils)) ((guix build-system copy)) ((guix build-system gnu)) ((guix build-system #)) (#) ?))
   222:29 13 (map1 (((guix build-system copy)) ((guix build-system gnu)) ((guix build-system haskell)) ((guix # ?)) ?))
   222:29 12 (map1 (((guix build-system gnu)) ((guix build-system haskell)) ((guix build-system trivial)) ((gnu ?)) ?))
   222:29 11 (map1 (((guix build-system haskell)) ((guix build-system trivial)) ((gnu packages admin)) ((gnu # #)) ?))
   222:29 10 (map1 (((guix build-system trivial)) ((gnu packages admin)) ((gnu packages algebra)) ((gnu # base)) # ?))
   222:29  9 (map1 (((gnu packages admin)) ((gnu packages algebra)) ((gnu packages base)) ((gnu packages bash)) (#) ?))
   222:29  8 (map1 (((gnu packages algebra)) ((gnu packages base)) ((gnu packages bash)) ((gnu packages bdw-gc)) # ?))
   222:29  7 (map1 (((gnu packages base)) ((gnu packages bash)) ((gnu packages bdw-gc)) ((gnu packages check)) (#) ?))
   222:29  6 (map1 (((gnu packages bash)) ((gnu packages bdw-gc)) ((gnu packages check)) ((gnu packages #)) ((# ?)) ?))
   222:29  5 (map1 (((gnu packages bdw-gc)) ((gnu packages check)) ((gnu packages compression)) ((gnu packages #)) ?))
   222:29  4 (map1 (((gnu packages check)) ((gnu packages compression)) ((gnu packages dbm)) ((gnu packages ed)) # ?))
   222:29  3 (map1 (((gnu packages compression)) ((gnu packages dbm)) ((gnu packages ed)) ((gnu packages #)) ((?)) ?))
   222:29  2 (map1 (((gnu packages dbm)) ((gnu packages ed)) ((gnu packages fontutils)) ((gnu packages gcc)) ((?)) ?))
   222:17  1 (map1 (((gnu packages ed)) ((gnu packages fontutils)) ((gnu packages gcc)) ((gnu packages gettext)) # ?))
   3329:6  0 (resolve-interface (gnu packages ed) #:select _ #:hide _ #:prefix _ #:renamer _ #:version _)

ice-9/boot-9.scm:3329:6: In procedure resolve-interface:
no code for module (gnu packages ed)
guix pull: error: You found a bug: the program '/gnu/store/krgipw72bxa0m5p52p3frdbkfpbxdyhx-compute-guix-derivation'
failed to compute the derivation for Guix (version: "2a66a96634b33667a45f4493a37eef48033b7287"; system: "x86_64-linux";
host version: ""; pull-version: 1).
Please report the COMPLETE output above by email to <[email-masked]>.

%%%%%

I wish I'll soon start using guix not only as a package manager on NixOS but as a complete system. 

Yet, I could not install it on a usb-drive. – The bug above in unrelated to any install procedure.
Thanks for the tactfully presented activities.

All the very best.