Subject: bug#68022: 30.0.50; File cache completions accumulate instead of replacing minibuffer input

From: Eshel Yaron <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2023 07:54:22 +0100

With emacs -Q:

1. M-x file-cache-add-directory-using-find /path/to/emacs/
2. C-x C-f mini C-TAB
3. Observe the *Completions* buffer pop up with file cache
completions, suggesting as usual to "type M-<down> or M-<up> to move
point between completions."
4. M-<down> M-<down> M-<up> ...
5. Each candidate you highlight this way is inserted in the minibuffer
after the current input, instead of replacing the appropriate part of
the input.

I see this already in Emacs 29.1, FWIW.

Best,

Eshel

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 7, x86_64-apple-darwin23.0.0, NS
 appkit-2487.00 Version 14.0 (Build 23A344)) of 2023-12-23
Repository revision: 1727e1f8462009b461976f45957e47de6d34c6eb
Repository branch: main
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2487
System Description:  macOS 14.0