Subject: bug#6802: 24.0.50; Yanking non-ASCII text from other X application leads to unicode escapes

From: Kenichi Handa <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 11:18:52 +0900

In article <[email-masked]>, Štěpán Němec <[email-masked]> writes:
>>> Anyway, the current selection-related codes mix an abstract
>>> layer (something like interprogram-cut/paste-function) and
>>> X-specific layer in a chaos manner.  It seems that overhaul
>>> and re-design is necessary.
>>> 
> >
> > It is a bit of a mess.  Separation of interprogram cut/paste and X selections
> > would be nice.
> >
> > 	Jan D.

> This is (and has been for quite a while now) a rather show-stopperish
> bug. Is anybody working on fixing it?

As I have been using my private version of
mouse-yank-primary (calling (x-selection-value-internal nil)
instead of (x-get-selection ...)), I didn't notice that this
problem has not yet been solved.  :-(

I wrote:

> It seems that overhaul and re-design is necessary.

but I don't have a time to work on it at the moment.  Any
volunteer?

---
Kenichi Handa
[email-masked]