Subject: [bug#68019] [PATCH 0/2] gnu: minetest: Update to 5.8.0.

From: Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2023 08:58:15 +0100

Am Montag, dem 25.12.2023 um 07:50 +0800 schrieb Adam Faiz:
> From a25dcfdb5bce0dee41ad6b1d8db9ed6ea9a10650 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00
> 2001
> Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
> From: AwesomeAdam54321 <[email-masked]>
> Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2023 07:39:38 +0800
> Subject: [PATCH 0/2] gnu: minetest: Update to 5.8.0.
> 
> Should Minetest Game(minetest-data) no longer be a propagated input
> for minetest?
> The 5.8.0 release of Minetest no longer requires it, and offers the
> player to go to ContentDB when there are no games.
> Guix's packages for minetest mods and games might not be used if the
> player installs these directly from within Minetest though.
The guix packaging model is to have everything functional as installed
with additional packages provided through Guix.  If you don't need the
Minetest Game (there are a few others available), you could provide a
minetest-minimal that doesn't propagate it and possibly make minetest
into a meta package that propagates minetest-minimal and minetest-data.

Cheers