Subject: Re: bug#68006: 30.0.50; Image-mode speed

From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2024 17:47:42 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
>> Cc: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>,  [email-masked]
>> Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2024 17:04:09 +0100
>> 
>> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
>> 
>> > My point was that you are expecting from this cache something that it
>> > wasn't intended to provide.  As a corollary, I think if we want to
>> > speed up paging through images, we should design and implement a
>> > separate cache, which is designed to support the use case of going
>> > through many images one by one, back and forth.
>> 
>> Do you think we need a completely different cache or just some handles
>> on the current one?
>
> A different cache, I think.

Hi,

I've tried to think about it a bit but I don't understand why do you
think it should be a different one.  With `image-cache-eviction-delay'
being 300 seconds by default, I think this is enough time for this usage
too.
-- 
Manuel Giraud