Subject: Re: bug#68006: 30.0.50; Image-mode speed

From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2024 14:26:20 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

[...]

>> > But we might need to store additional information there, like the
>> > buffer of the image, for example.
>> 
>> I don't understand.  Where do you think that the buffer of the image
>> should be stored?
>
> In the cache, together with the image, I think.

You mean in struct image_cache?

> How else would the Lisp programs know which images "belong" to them,
> and when to uncache them?

I don't know exactly.  My idea was that an image-mode buffer has (buffer
local I guess) variable that will hold its image cache.

> I guess some other information relevant to the cache-removal decision
> will also need to be stored there.

Yes, I imagine.
-- 
Manuel Giraud