Subject: [bug#67998] [PATCH 0/2] Remove ed.scm, update ed to 1.19.

From: Giovanni Biscuolo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2024 13:04:10 +0100

Hi,

Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]> writes:

>> I had to revert the ed patch since it caused more than 5000 package
>> rebuilds per architecture.
>
> Thanks for taking care of that, `guix refresh` states that it has no
> depends other than itself. I wonder what causes this massive rebuild.

Actually I get:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---

$ guix refresh --list-dependent ed
Building the following 2057 packages would ensure 5320 dependent packages are rebuilt:
[...]

--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

and should be treated according to (info "(guix) Managing Patches and
Branches") that is "pushed to a topic branch other than master", right?

I don't know if this means that it should be pushed to a topic branch
named like ed-update or to the core-updates one :-)

Happy hacking! Gio'

-- 
Giovanni Biscuolo

Xelera IT Infrastructures