Subject: bug#67976: closed (Re: bug#67976: java-ts-mode test failure)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2024 09:05:02 +0000

Your bug report

#67976: java-ts-mode test failure

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
67976: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=67976
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#67976: java-ts-mode test failure
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: john muhl <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2024 11:04:13 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> Cc: Yuan Fu <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
> Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2023 13:18:39 -0600
> From:  john muhl via "Bug reports for GNU Emacs,
>  the Swiss army knife of text editors" <[email-masked]>
> 
> It looks like 9874561f39e got reverted so the tests pass again.

Thanks, I'm therefore closing this bug.

Subject: java-ts-mode test failure
From: john muhl <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2023 15:09:02 -0600
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Bisect says the first bad commit is 9874561f39e

/home/build/emacs/src/emacs -batch -load .emacs -load /home/build/emacs/lisp/progmodes/java-ts-mode.el ert -load /home/build/emacs/test/lisp/progmodes/java-ts-mode-tests.el -eval '(ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit '\''(not (tag :unstable)))'
Running 2 tests (2023-12-22 19:05:47+0000, selector ‘(not (tag :unstable))’)
Test java-ts-mode-test-indentation backtrace:
  signal(ert-test-failed (("Mismatch in test \"Statements\", file /hom
  ert-fail(("Mismatch in test \"Statements\", file /home/build/emacs/t
  ert-test--erts-test(((code lambda nil (setq indent-tabs-mode nil) (s
  ert-test-erts-file("/home/build/emacs/test/lisp/progmodes/java-ts-mo
  (closure (t) nil (let* ((fn-0 #'treesit-ready-p) (args-1 (condition-
  ert--run-test-internal(#s(ert--test-execution-info :test #s(ert-test
  ert-run-test(#s(ert-test :name java-ts-mode-test-indentation :docume
  ert-run-or-rerun-test(#s(ert--stats :selector (not (tag :unstable)) 
  ert-run-tests((not (tag :unstable)) #f(compiled-function (event-type
  ert-run-tests-batch((not (tag :unstable)))
  ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit((not (tag :unstable)))
  eval((ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit '(not (tag :unstable))) t)
  command-line-1(("-load" ".emacs" "-load" "/home/build/emacs/lisp/pro
  command-line()
  normal-top-level()
Test java-ts-mode-test-indentation condition:
    (ert-test-failed
     ("Mismatch in test \"Statements\", file /home/build/emacs/test/lisp/progmodes/java-ts-mode-resources/indent.erts"
      #(
	"if (x) {\n    for (var foo : foos) {\n        \n    }\n} else if (y) {\n\11for (int i = 0; x < foos.size(); i++) {\n            return;\n\11}\n    } else {\n\11return;\n    }\n"
	0 159 (fontified nil))
    "if (x) {\n    for (var foo : foos) {\n        \n    }\n} else if (y) {\n    for (int i = 0; x < foos.size(); i++) {\n        return;\n    }\n} else {\n    return;\n}\n"))
   FAILED  1/2  java-ts-mode-test-indentation (0.010839 sec) at emacs/test/lisp/progmodes/java-ts-mode-tests.el:26
   passed  2/2  java-ts-mode-test-movement (0.004179 sec)

Ran 2 tests, 1 results as expected, 1 unexpected (2023-12-22 19:05:47+0000, 0.134714 sec)

1 unexpected results:
   FAILED  java-ts-mode-test-indentation