Subject: bug#67939: 29.1.90; Broken links to Freedesktop notification spec

From: "Basil L. Contovounesios" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2023 19:19:16 +0100

Severity: minor
Tags: patch

The old links are broken, but is the new one in the patch too long?
Is this suitable for emacs-29?

>From cc7fe5ebbec0c3524e5aad938d9ec296d9d48844 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: "Basil L. Contovounesios" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2023 13:40:47 +0100
Subject: [PATCH] Fix broken links to Freedesktop notifications spec

* doc/lispref/os.texi (Desktop Notifications):
* lisp/notifications.el: Replace broken developer.gnome.org links
with specifications.freedesktop.org.
---
 doc/lispref/os.texi   | 2 +-
 lisp/notifications.el | 2 +-
 2 files changed, 2 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

diff --git a/doc/lispref/os.texi b/doc/lispref/os.texi
index 1995fd9fb2a..e1e52fa8238 100644
--- a/doc/lispref/os.texi
+++ b/doc/lispref/os.texi
@@ -2913,7 +2913,7 @@ Desktop Notifications
 
 @item :category @var{category}
 The type of notification this is, a string.  See the
-@uref{https://developer.gnome.org/notification-spec/#categories,
+@url{https://specifications.freedesktop.org/notification-spec/notification-spec-latest.html#categories,
 Desktop Notifications Specification} for a list of standard
 categories.
 
diff --git a/lisp/notifications.el b/lisp/notifications.el
index 984ddbec5e9..f35b29d7850 100644
--- a/lisp/notifications.el
+++ b/lisp/notifications.el
@@ -23,7 +23,7 @@
 ;;; Commentary:
 
 ;; This package provides an implementation of the Desktop Notifications
-;; <https://developer.gnome.org/notification-spec/>.
+;; <https://specifications.freedesktop.org/notification-spec/latest/>.
 
 ;; In order to activate this package, you must add the following code
 ;; into your .emacs:
-- 
2.43.0

Thanks,
-- 
Basil

In GNU Emacs 29.1.90 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo
 version 1.18.0, Xaw3d scroll bars) of 2023-12-20 built on tia
Repository revision: a453fd796dbd1a0e3c982446bcb7f7634ab495c7
Repository branch: wt/emacs-29
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101009
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux trixie/sid

Configured using:
 'configure 'CFLAGS=-Og -ggdb3' --prefix=/home/blc/.local
 --program-suffix=-29 --enable-checking=all
 --enable-check-lisp-object-type --with-file-notification=yes
 --with-x-toolkit=lucid --with-x'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NOTIFY
INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP X11 XAW3D XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM
LUCID ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_IE.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util text-property-search time-date subr-x mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
cl-loaddefs cl-lib sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
mail-prsvr mail-utils rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo x-toolkit
xinput2 x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 36776 4829)
 (symbols 48 5149 0)
 (strings 32 13954 1918)
 (string-bytes 1 383210)
 (vectors 16 9306)
 (vector-slots 8 148707 9947)
 (floats 8 23 23)
 (intervals 56 249 0)
 (buffers 984 10))