Subject: bug#67937: 30.0.50; auth-source-pass relies on epa-file being enabled

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2023 12:55:23 +0100

Arsen Arsenović <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi J.P,

Hi Arsen,

>> Perhaps it couldn't hurt to get that somewhat sorted before modifying
>> `auth-source-pass--read-entry'.
>
> I firmly believe that these are two separate bugs, one of which
> triggered the other.  The reason for that is because I can reproduce
> this bug by simply running 'epa-file-disable', without invoking the
> original bug that revealed it to me.

auth-source-pass.el depends on an active epa-file-handler. It should
check this, and report an error if it isn't there. There's nothing else
to do, IMHO.

> Thanks, have a lovely day!
>
> Arsen Arsenović

Best regards, Michael.