Subject: bug#67937: 30.0.50; auth-source-pass relies on epa-file being enabled

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2023 17:59:26 +0100

Arsen Arsenović <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi,

>>> This happens due to the call of `epa-file-disable' mentioned in the
>>> initial recipe.
>>
>> IIUC, the call in question was only included in the recipe to simulate
>> the effect of the entry disappearing, and Arsen is still trying to
>> pinpoint the actual cause.
>
> Indeed.  That's a topic for a different bug report, though ;P

Do you have a recipe for the problem w/o calling epa-disble-file? My gut
feeling tells me that this could be the real problem, and we need to
solve this instead of bypassing the problem with another patch, which
could introduce further problems.

Hunting for this problem I recommend to use
(debug-on-variable-change 'file-name-handler-alist)

I haven't followed the whole discussion, so forgive me if this has been
discussed already.

> Arsen Arsenović

Best regards, Michael.