Subject: bug#67937: 30.0.50; auth-source-pass relies on epa-file being enabled

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2023 20:40:50 +0100

"J.P." <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Arsen,

Hi,

> Don't kill me, but I have another rather unlikely scenario perhaps
> worthy of passing consideration (or dismissal):
>
>   (setopt auth-source-pass-filename "/ssh:desktop.local:.password-store")
>
> If those Tramp addresses don't continue to work after your suggested
> changes, we should probably ask Michael Albinus whether their working
> currently is just an accident or something intentional and supported.

I don't remember any special effort making auth-source-pass Tramp-affin,
but I might misremember. However, I wouldn't call it "accident", but
"Emacs design". If accessing auth-source-pass-filename uses the well
known primitive functions (insert-file-contents, expand-file-name
alike), there shouldn't be a problem of keeping this compatibility with
Tramp.

> J.P.

Best regards, Michael.