Subject: bug#67926: 29.1; fail to extract ZIP subfile named with [...]

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2023 12:16:10 +0200

> From: [email-masked]
> Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2023 20:23:38 +0900
> 
> 
> If a ZIP archive has a subfile named 'file[abc].txt',
> RET(archive-extract) in an archive-mode buffer fails to extract with
> message: 
>   caution: filename not matched:  file[abc].txt
> 
> Unfortunately if there are filea.txt, fileb.txt and filec.txt,
> extraction does not report errors and the buffer of 'file[abc].txt'
> contains all contents of filea.txt, fileb.txt and filec.txt, but does
> not contains the contents of 'file[abc].txt'. 
> 
> This is because 'unzip.exe' treats subfilename arguments containing
> '[...]' as subfilename patterns. This does not occur with '7z.exe'.

Is there any way of making 'unzip' extract file[abc].txt by name,  by
some kind of escaping or protecting the [...] wildcard from expansion?
If there is such a way, we could try using it (maybe); if there's no
such way, I will tag this bug "wontfix", since it isn't a problem with
Emacs, but with the Windows build of 'unzip'.

Thanks.