Subject: [bug#67921] [PATCH v3 01/24] gnu: ghc: More robust build with binutils ≥ 2.39.

From: Nicolas Graves <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2024 19:47:35 +0100

On 2024-11-02 16:18, Lars-Dominik Braun wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> My mistake, just to be clear, this patch is here to fix the build of
>> 9.8.4 after the core-updates merges, more than to fix the last errors on
>> the 9.6 version.  I needed it anyway to be able to compile up to 9.6,
>> but I haven't taken a look at 9.6 yet.
>
> you mean “fix the build of 8.8.4”? I don’t see that we have 9.8
> anywhere.

9.4.8 sorry.

It actually needed another small fix (there is an invocation of ghc in
RTS tests that doesn't use TEST_HC_OPTS). I will provide it in another
revision.  I still have the bugs for 9.6, I'm trying to investigate them
but they are indeed tricky, the rebuild time for ghc and the default
flags of ld incompatible with --print-c-compiler-link-flags
makes it difficult to even understand why these last 9.6 tests are
failing.

> Lars

-- 
Best regards,
Nicolas Graves