Subject: [bug#67921] [PATCH haskell-team 00/23] Update GHC to 9.6.5

From: Saku Laesvuori <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2024 23:24:31 +0300

On Fri, Jun 14, 2024 at 03:55:48PM +0200, Lars-Dominik Braun wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> > I didn't hear any ideas for a better solution, so here is a patch set
> > with the failing tests disabled. The current haskell-team merge should
> > probably be continued without this series and a new one started from
> > these patches.
> 
> perhaps, instead of disabling working tests, we can just patch line
> 370 of testsuite/driver/runtests.py to not use a directory with
> spaces? Maybe it’s just a test system failure?

I tried patching that line with a trivial `(substitute* ... (("test
spaces") ""))` snippet and it does fix all but 7 failures. The remaining
ones could just be caused by some simple egrep vs grep -E warnings, but
I will have very little time to look into this during the next six
weeks. Anyone interested should feel free to try finalizing this series
in the meantime.

- Saku