Subject: 30.0.50; "*Compile-Log" is not `compilation-mode' if `byte-compile-file' found "no lexical-binding"

From: OGAWA Hirofumi <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2023 15:43:25 +0900

`byte-compile-file' in current master branch behaves strange if the file
is not including "-*- lexical-binding: t; -*-" mark.

(progn
  (with-temp-file "foo.el" ())
  (byte-compile-file "foo.el"))

The above code outputs to "*Compile-Log" with `special-mode' like following

	In toplevel form:
	foo.el:1:1: Warning: file has no ‘lexical-binding’ directive on its first
	    line

If there is "-*- lexical-binding: t; -*-" mark in the file,
"*Compile-Log*" is with `compilation-mode' as expected.

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.38, cairo version 1.18.0) of 2023-12-19 built on devron
Repository revision: d0e3dfa764cdb5c15c2a525b455df495097a86bb
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101009
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux trixie/sid

Configured using:
 'configure --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --without-xim --with-imagemagick
 --with-wide-int --with-native-compilation=aot'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ
IMAGEMAGICK JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2
M17N_FLT MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP
SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS WEBP X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2
XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ja_JP.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Group

Minor modes in effect:
  gnus-topic-mode: t
  gnus-undo-mode: t
  bug-reference-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  flycheck-pos-tip-mode: t
  global-flycheck-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  auto-insert-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  icomplete-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  repeat-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow bbdb-message mailalias emacsbug mule-util sort gnus-cite
shr-color color mm-archive mail-extr textsec uni-scripts idna-mapping
ucs-normalize uni-confusable textsec-check gnus-bcklg qp hl-line
elfeed-show elfeed-search bookmark elfeed-csv elfeed elfeed-curl
elfeed-log elfeed-db elfeed-lib avl-tree url-queue xml-query gnus-async
bbdb-gnus-aux gnus-ml disp-table gnus-topic url-http url-gw url-cache
utf-7 epa-file network-stream nsm nnfolder bbdb-gnus nnnil bbdb-mua spam
spam-stat bbdb-com crm bbdb bbdb-site timezone gnus-uu yenc gnus-demon
gnus-delay gnus-draft gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode
nnvirtual nntp gnus-cache gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view
mml-smime smime gnutls dig gnus-sum shr pixel-fill kinsoku url-file svg
dom nndraft nnmh gnus-xoauth2 oauth2-ext plstore gnus-group gnus-undo
gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus xml gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7
nnoo parse-time iso8601 gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message sendmail
yank-media puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus nnheader
gnus-util time-date mail-utils range mm-util mail-prsvr dired-aux
files-x dircolors-faces dired-x dired dired-loaddefs grep-context
comp-run comp-common flyspell ispell vc-hg vc-git cus-start diff-mode
vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs log-view easy-mmode pcvs-util
vc vc-dispatcher bug-reference thingatpt server auth-source-pass
company-cscope company-yasnippet url-auth generic-x flycheck-relint
relint compile text-property-search comint ansi-osc xr flycheck-pos-tip
pos-tip flycheck ansi-color find-func rx dash company-oddmuse
company-keywords company-etags etags fileloop generator xref project
ring company-gtags company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-files
company-clang company-capf company-cmake company-semantic
company-template company-bbdb company pcase autoinsert cl-extra
yasnippet help-mode elec-pair icomplete savehist advice browse-kill-ring
delsel tab-bar-session desktop frameset repeat mozc-im-plus mozc-popup
popup mozc vcard-autoloads startup-elisp-autoloads rfc-autoloads
mozc-im-plus-autoloads misc-autoloads magit-mini-autoloads
lookup-autoloads langtool-autoloads grammar-check-autoloads
go-translate-autoloads gnus-xoauth2-autoloads debian-autoloads
cxrefs-autoloads company-cscope-autoloads bbdb-loaddefs cus-edit pp
cus-load icons wid-edit browse-kill-ring-autoloads company-autoloads
coterm-autoloads csv-mode-autoloads elfeed-autoloads
expand-region-autoloads flycheck-autoloads dash-autoloads
git-modes-autoloads info compat-autoloads gnuplot-autoloads
graphviz-dot-mode-autoloads grep-context-autoloads lua-mode-autoloads
markdown-mode-autoloads mozc-autoloads php-mode-autoloads
po-mode-autoloads popup-autoloads pos-tip-autoloads relint-autoloads
rust-mode-autoloads vundo-autoloads wgrep-autoloads xr-autoloads
yaml-mode-autoloads yasnippet-autoloads package browse-url url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache json subr-x
map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib
japan-util rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd touch-screen tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode
register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo gtk x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty move-toolbar
make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1140993 1196637) (symbols 48 27817 12)
 (strings 32 1233466 63605) (string-bytes 1 49423824)
 (vectors 16 369106) (vector-slots 8 4736667 344176)
 (floats 8 91695 106205) (intervals 56 5080 3514) (buffers 984 30))

-- 
OGAWA Hirofumi <[email-masked]>