Subject: [bug#67917] [PATCH 0/2] guix import cpan improvements

From: Wilko Meyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2023 00:42:07 +0100

Hi Guix,

While packaging perl-devel-repl[0] I noticed, that the 'guix import
cpan' output:

- doesn't use 'define-public' to declare the package variable
- doesn't prefix licenses with license: while (if I understand this part
  of our imports in perl.scm right) we import from the licenses module
  with a license: prefix:

  #:use-module ((guix licenses) #:prefix license:)

so I added the prefix where applicable and took care of adding
(define-public package-name ... ) to the sexp.

the diffstat is pretty huge compared to the actual changes as I had to
reindend parts of the package sexp. Let me know, if there's anything I
can improve/that requires improvement in this patch series.

Kind regards,

Wilko Meyer

[0]: https://issues.guix.gnu.org/67879

Wilko Meyer (2):
  import: cpan: Add 'license:' prefix to license matching.
  import: cpan: Add 'define-public' to package definition.

 guix/import/cpan.scm | 76 +++++++++++++++++++++++---------------------
 1 file changed, 39 insertions(+), 37 deletions(-)

base-commit: d987b75618a62c95c030e7ca53e0972e700c4f06
prerequisite-patch-id: 3eb8883867495d9f3b48dc56486e12784f94e935
-- 
2.41.0