Subject: Re: [bug#67917] [PATCH 0/2] guix import cpan improvements

From: Wilko Meyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2023 12:49:07 +0100

Hi Ludo,

Thanks for reviewing this so quickly!

Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:

> I think this doesn’t belong here: right now, ‘define-public’ is added
> when using ‘-r’ by ‘package->definition’ in (guix import utils).  This
> is shared by most importers so we cannot just change it in a single
> importer.

This currently seems to be inconsistent among importers. crate and go
always add define-public independent of using '-r', while e.g. egg, gnu,
elpa etc. do not do that. I'll prepare a v2 of this patch series without
this change, as the cpan importer should stay at its default behaviour.

Speaking of '-r', the cpan importer doesn't offer recursively importing
packages. I could add this functionality to the cpan importer in v2 of
this patch series, WDYT?

> This one I’m not sure, but we should make sure importers are consistent
> as well.

Agreed.

-- 
Kind regards,

Wilko Meyer
[email-masked]