Subject: Re: [bug#67917] [PATCH 0/2] guix import cpan improvements

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2023 11:13:30 +0100

Hi,

Wilko Meyer <[email-masked]> skribis:

> While packaging perl-devel-repl[0] I noticed, that the 'guix import
> cpan' output:
>
> - doesn't use 'define-public' to declare the package variable

I think this doesn’t belong here: right now, ‘define-public’ is added
when using ‘-r’ by ‘package->definition’ in (guix import utils).  This
is shared by most importers so we cannot just change it in a single
importer.

> - doesn't prefix licenses with license: while (if I understand this part
>   of our imports in perl.scm right) we import from the licenses module
>   with a license: prefix:
>
>   #:use-module ((guix licenses) #:prefix license:)

This one I’m not sure, but we should make sure importers are consistent
as well.

WDYT?

Ludo’.