Subject: bug#67901: closed (Re: bug#67901: 30.0.50; Can't access previous history entries with M-p from within project-find-file)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2023 15:47:02 +0000

Your bug report

#67901: 30.0.50; Can't access previous history entries with M-p from within project-find-file

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
67901: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=67901
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#67901: 30.0.50; Can't access previous history entries with M-p from within project-find-file
From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
To: Brian Leung <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2023 17:45:55 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the report, it's a recent thing.

On 19/12/2023 15:29, Brian Leung wrote:
>  From an 'emacs -q' session, I find that after using M-x
> project-find-file (or C-x p f) and selecting some candidate foo, trying
> to use M-p within a subsequent invocation of project-find-file will not
> recover foo.
> 
> However, using M-p from within find-file (instead of project-find-file)
> will indeed recover foo.

This is now fixed on master, commit 338409c1f19.

Also Cc-ing Spencer: note that project--transplant-file-name now returns 
non-abbreviated name (different project-read-file-name-function's can 
abbreviate or not, but expand-file-name seems to work just as well).

Subject: 30.0.50; Can't access previous history entries with M-p from within project-find-file
From: Brian Leung <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2023 13:29:06 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

>From an 'emacs -q' session, I find that after using M-x
project-find-file (or C-x p f) and selecting some candidate foo, trying
to use M-p within a subsequent invocation of project-find-file will not
recover foo.

However, using M-p from within find-file (instead of project-find-file)
will indeed recover foo.

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo
version 1.18.0, Xaw3d scroll bars)
Repository revision: 6abea4d98d1d964c68a78cb9b5321071da851654
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101009
System Description: NixOS 24.05 (Uakari)

Configured using:
 'configure
 --prefix=/nix/store/w3ijq8kd9mdn6qxciwv4si2iq04lzp5i-emacs-git-20231211.0
 --disable-build-details --with-modules --with-x-toolkit=lucid
 --with-xft --with-cairo --with-compress-install
 --with-toolkit-scroll-bars --with-native-compilation
 --without-imagemagick --without-small-ja-dic --with-tree-sitter
 --with-xinput2 --without-xwidgets'

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY
INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP X11 XAW3D XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM
LUCID ZLIB