Subject: Re: bug#67900: 30.0.50; Emacs Crahes When Executing Command `consult-buffer'

From: Chang Xiaoduan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2023 10:30:14 +0800

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> So please build Emacs with those 3 packages (bytecomp.el, mule.el,
> startup.el) natively-compiled with native-comp-speed = 1, then
> native-compile consult.el with native-comp-speed = 2, and see if you
> still see the crashes.  If yes, then consult.el is probably the one
> that triggers the bug.  If compiling those 3 other packages with
> native-comp-speed = 1 eliminates the crashes, then we need to look for
> the one of those 3 which triggers the crash, and continue narrowing
> this down from there.

I have added a file-local prop-line to each of bytecomp.el, mule.el and
startup.el, which sets the `native-comp-speed` to 1. Then I rebuilt
Emacs and test with a cosnult.el with `native-comp-speed` as 2. Is this
the correct setup to test? The result: Emacs still crashes when
executing `consult-buffer`.

Further more, I have another test with `native-comp-speed` in comp.el
set to 1. That is, the default optimizaiton level for all
native-compiled lisp code is 1. Then, I add a file-local prop-line in
consult.el and set the `native-comp-speed` to 2. The result: Emacs still
crashes when executing `consult-buffer`.

I guess this is enough to confirm that the miscompiled code is in
consult.el. What should I do next?

Thanks