Subject: Re: bug#67870: 29.1; Eglot missing or un-findable advertised feature

From: João Távora <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2023 09:29:30 +0000

On Fri, Dec 22, 2023 at 3:14 AM Richard Stallman <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> [[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
> [[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
> [[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]
>
>   > > You’re missing my point. In that bulletin there was nothing that could have prompted me to search for “action”.
>
>   > Well, I can't help every user connect the pieces of this
>   > one-piece puzzle every time. Read more of the fine
>   > manual next time, and thanks.
>
> Making a manual really fine includes sometimes tweaking little details
> like this, to help users find what they really should be looking for.
> I've done that many times in manuals I was working on.

I clarified the doubt, asked for suggestions and got none.
So I've rewritten that sentence originally written by Eli, who
I understand not to be a heavy Eglot user yet.  It's generally
impossible every user's reading experience. There were numerous
other hints the user could have followed, like searching for "fix" or
"Flymake" and they could have read just have a few more paragraphs
to find more.