Subject: Re: bug#67870: 29.1; Eglot missing or un-findable advertised feature

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2023 22:14:01 -0500

[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

  > > You’re missing my point. In that bulletin there was nothing that could have prompted me to search for “action”.

  > Well, I can't help every user connect the pieces of this
  > one-piece puzzle every time. Read more of the fine
  > manual next time, and thanks.

Making a manual really fine includes sometimes tweaking little details
like this, to help users find what they really should be looking for.
I've done that many times in manuals I was working on.

One can tweak index entries, command names, news items, and all sorts
of things to make connections work.  We can't make them perfect, but
we can often make them better.

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman (https://stallman.org)
Chief GNUisance of the GNU Project (https://gnu.org)
Founder, Free Software Foundation (https://fsf.org)
Internet Hall-of-Famer (https://internethalloffame.org)